We here at Checker Cab want you to make the most of your summer so we wanted to tell you a little bit about how your favorite rogue valley cab service can help you have fun and stay safe! Checker Cab is here to help make summer recreation easy and stress free.
Start by visiting the Medford Information Center where you will find friendly staff and informative handouts including maps. Medford is historically an agricultural and timber processing area known for fruit growing, particularly pears. More recently it has evolved as a cultural and residential crossroads between California and the Pacific Northwest. There are plenty of attractions for the whole family to enjoy.
- Take walking hikes through pristine nature. Upper and Lower Table Rock hikes are very popular, the latter a moderate but rewarding hike that takes about 2-3 hours depending on one’s fitness level, while another is Natural Bridge Loop, a two-mile hiking path along the Rogue River.
- Raft the Rogue River with various companies providing half day up to multi day trips. The river is quiet and meandering, suitable for children as young as six years.
- Explore the various lakes in the area. Situated at the base of Mt Thielsen, Diamond Lake has beautiful scenery and a beautiful walking and biking trail that goes around the lake as well as a camping area. Howard Prairie Lake is also excellent with campsites nearby including one on the north end forhorse camping with beautiful prairie and forest rides. Applegate Lake is a dam reservoir for agriculture in the Applegate Valley.
- Go fishing for Steelhead, also known as Rainbow Trout, and for salmon. Expert fishing guides are available if you need
- Take the family to Bear Creek Park where there is a skate park, bmx bike park, dog park, playground, amphitheater, barbecue pits, bike trails and lots of green grass and shady trees to enjoy. This is probably the best park in Medford for variety.
- Join a Wine tour of vineyards and wineries that includes the more popular like Dancin Vineyards, RoxyAnn and EdenVale. If beer is more your style, there are breweries where one can sample their tasty products.
- Train lovers will enjoy Medford Railroad Park riding on the scaled down trains and learning fascinating railroad history from friendly volunteers. There is much attention to detail in the outdoor and indoor displays and one can send an old style telegraph instead of email. Suitable for families and all ages
- A short factory tour operates to showcase local produce including a bakery, chocolate and candy production and Medford signature product Moose Munch. Make a discounted purchase from the factories or even receive a free sample.
- Spend an afternoon at the Southern Oregon Historical society where there is an amazing research library attached to historic Hanley Farm, where they practice no-till farming, offer tours, and showcase various events throughout the year.
- Take some time out at reputed local Spas for rest and recreation in the hands of professional, knowledgeable, highly skilled staff who will welcome you. Treatments include various massage methods, infrared sauna, steam sauna with optional essential oils, cold plunge pool, hot wraps, and even a Himalayan salt room.
Remember to put Checker Cab in your speed dial this summer, whether you need a ride, to summer concerts, or fall wine tasting. Checker Cab Is your preferred rogue valley cab service.